Wednesday, 21 February 2007

Sirius change

During my year-and-a-half at Sirius Satellite Radio, XM was the antichrist to everyone but the gutless marketing weasels who divined them oracles and demanded I 'incorporate' their marketing efforts into my work. (Battles I always won.) That aside, I'm stunned to read the DC-based XM and 49th & 6th Sirius are merging before the end of the year. Hope my former colleagues are taking the news well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No surprise there. Much to the chagrin of Stern and company, Satellite radio has not taken off at all-In fact, we just did what they thought we wouldn't do, adjusted our listening habits-Howard-Robin and Fred(Eric) are just no longer in the everyday lexicon anymore. And, you know what, no one has missed a heart beat because of it. I expect Sirus to buy out Stern within a few years and Howard to make a comeback on "free" radio before he finally hangs it up.