Friday 4 December 2009

Aren't they all puppets?

In my last post I wrote that Aussie politics is a "wisdom-free entity in which 99% of time, energy and press coverage is spent on who's in charge, who wants to be charge, who used to be in charge ..." and on and on.

Guess what the New South Wales Labor party did yesterday? Ousted its leader of 14 months, a former 'garbo' (garbageman) named Nathan Rees, and replaced him with NSW's first female prime minister, US-born Kristina Keneally (right). Knowing he was on the way out, Rees had this to say yesterday morning: "Should I not be Premier by the end of this day, let there be no doubt in the community's mind, no doubt, that any challenger will be a puppet of Eddie Obeid and Joe Tripodi."

Hence, today's papers have labeled Ms Keneally a 'puppet premier'. She later retorted in Parliament: "Let me be absolutely clear on this: I'm nobody's puppet. I am nobody's protege, I am nobody's girl."

{yawn}

It's all just a big bloody sandbox to these nitwits.

One columnist opined that Keneally's "American accent will probably put western Sydney voters off." Yeah, that's sure to be her biggest drawback ... not her membership in the ever-swirling cesspool that is Australian politics.

No comments: