Friday 28 February 2014

A Brisbane Serenade.

Bruce and the band and Eddie Vedder take a final leap in Brisbane on Wednesday night. The 11th and final show in Australia wasn't on my itinerary until exactly 12:53 pm that afternoon, when I secured a ticket via Ticketek after this beautiful Thom Zimny video for 'Dream Baby Dream' and a barrage of Twitter buzz about Springsteen bringing in a string section fired up a need to get my ass to Brisbane.

And I did.

That story will be posted here shortly, as will more photos.

For my report on the Springsteen show, have a look at Backstreets. When editor Chris Phillips, who did a magnificent job covering the bulk of shows during this 2014 tour of Oz but who returned to the States after the Hunter Valley shows, learned I was in attendance in Brisbane, he asked if I'd do a report.

I was happy to do so.

Especially as he played my favourite album -- The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle -- from start to finish.

Give it a read. To quote Mary Beth Wilson, it was tremendous.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Joe
I met you before the show while you were having dinner and you were telling me of your effort to get to see the Brisbane show because you thought it was going to be something special. Wow weren't you right, what an amazing night, one I will never forget. To tell you the truth I didn't know "the Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle" that well and never heard it in its entirety. What a treat and how fortunate I was to hear it live.I have downloaded the concert and play it nearly everyday. I only hope he will return , a yearly summer working vacation here would be great!! Nice to meet you Maggie