Friday 23 November 2007

Give thanks, y'all.

All is right in my world this morning: I'm in Tennessee, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is on TV, mom's making pies and, unlike last year, I'm not at work. It was counter-intuitive to awake on this morning a year ago and trudge into ResMed, my employer at the time, and .... work. I brought some sort of Thanksgiving-like food -- a pie, maybe? -- to share with co-workers. They offered kind words about my 'American' holiday but it was just another day at the office.

As someone who's traveled to Tennessee to spend Thanksgiving with my mom since she moved here in 1987, Thanksgiving is anything but another day.

A hearty, happy Thanksgiving to my family and friends around the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very Happy Thanks Giving sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Merry Thanksgiving from the North!